The M4A1 is a fully automatic variant of the M4 Carbine, previously only issued to special forces units, the M4A1 has been adopted by several armies and militias as their main weapon. The M4A1 is being slowly phased out of service with the TAR-21 by the IDF, but still remains as a weapon of choice for Riflemen and reserve units, just like the Galil. However, the US Army is supposed to have completely replaced their M4 Carbines with M4A1s by 2018. Unlike the M16A2, M16A4, and M4, the M4A1 can fire in Full-Auto, like the M16A1.
In Project Reality, the M4A1 appears in the hands of the DF and Hamas.
- Used by the IDF as a weapon for the riflemen, officer, and medic kits
- Features semi-automatic and fully-automatic firing modes
- M4A1 with MARS Reflex Sight
- M4A1 with MEPRO Reflex Sight
- M4A1 Grenadier
- Used by IDF
- M4A1 DMR
- The M4A1 doesn't use a RIS handguard, unlike the M4 Carbine.