The M4 Carbine is a shorter, more compact version of the M-16A2, which in turn is derived from the AR-15, designed to allow for accessory mounts and ease of use in close quarters. It is gas-operated, magazine-fed, and selective fire. The M4 can fire in Semi and Burst-Fire (like the M16A2 and M16A4), but the M4A1 can fire in Full-Auto instead of Burst. It has almost completely replaced the M16A4 in the United States Army, and is replacing the same rifle in the USMC. However, the M4 is beginning to be replaced by the M4A1.
In PR, the M4 and its variants are found on a variety of maps, used by several different classes of the United States Army and the United States Marine Corps.
- Used by the USMC and USA factions
- Features semi-automatic and 3-round-burst firing modes
- All modifications include a forward grip
- Modifications Avaliable
- Carrying Handle
- Aimpoint Reflex Sight
- EOtech Holographic Sight
- ACOG Scope
- M4 Grenadier
- Used by USA
- M203 & ACOG
- M203 & EOtech
- M203 & Carrying Handle
- M4 DMR
- Features Semi-automatic fire only
- The Reload animation of the M4 Grenadier is different from the reload animation of the default M4, due to the clipping caused by the M203 to the default animation. In the default animation, the player simply presses the bolt release down, while he slams the bolt release during the alternative animation.
|Firearms||M9 (Pistol) • M1014 JCS (Shotgun) • M16A4 (Assault rifle) • M4 (Carbine) • M14 EBR (DMR) • MK12 SPR (DMR) • M40A3 (Sniper rifle) • M249 PIP (LMG) • M240B (GPMG)|