Real Life DetailsEdit
Hamas (Arabic: حماس, acronym of Harakat al-Muqawama al-Islamiyya, Arabic: حركة المقاومة الاسلامية, literally "Islamic Resistance Movement") is a Palestinian Islamist Sunni organisation. It was started in 1987 during the First Intifada by Ahmed Yassin and Abdel Aziz al-Rantissi as the Gaza branch of the Muslim Brotherhood organziation in Egypt. In the 2006 Palestinian election, Hamas got 74 of 132 seats in parliament and controls the Gaza Strip. The group wants to build a Palestinian state with laws grounded in islamic teachings. Hamas does not recognize the State of Israel.
In 2014 Hamas had taken devastating losses as the IDF conducted operation Protective Edge in the Gaza Strip. Lasting for seven weeks, putting the group in a significantly weakened position. Hamas and Palestinian diplomats attempted to create a ceasefire, which ended in more combat. The conflict ended when the UN intervened and forced a universally agreed upon ceasefire between the warring groups. Hamas took many magnitudes higher casualties than the IDF
In Game DetailsEdit
The Hamas faction is a BLUFOR Insurgent facton, almost fighting exclusively against
the IDF. Equipment of Hamas are Soviet weapons from WW2 and the Cold War.
- Small Arms
- Makarov PM Soviet pistol used in Cold War in the early 1960s.
- Tokarev TT-33 Soviet pistol used in WW2.
- AK-47 Veteran Russain Assualt rifle in the Cold War.
- AKS-47 AK-47 with folding stock.
- AKS-74U Compact Carbine version of the AK-74.
- Galil SAR Isreali Assault rifle still used by IDF and Hamas.
- M16A1 Cold War American Assualt rifle still used today in diffrent variant models.
- M16A1 Menosar and Mekotzar (Carbine and Compact Carbine of the M16A1).
- SVD Soviet designated marksman rifle.
- Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.1(T) Classic British rifle.
- Norinco 982 Chinese CQB shotgun.
- PKM Russian LMG in mid Cold war still in use in Russian military.
- RPK LMG version of the Russian AK-47.
- Grenades and Launchers
- RDG-2 Smoke Russian smoke grenade.
- F-1 Fragmentation Russain Frag grenade used in the 60s.
- RKG-3 Anti-Tank A early Cold war anti tank launcher Russain.
- GP-25 Grenade Launcher Russain Kashananinkov grenade launcher.
- M203 Grenade Launcher m mAmerican grenade launcher
- Man Portable Anti-Vehicle Weapons
- RPG-7. Rocket-propelled Grenade
- SPG-9 Russian Anti-Tank Emplacement
- MON-50 Anti-Personnel Mine.
- IED. Improvised Explosive Device (Anti-personnel)
- Artillery IED. Anti-Tank IED
- Grenade Trap Booby trap equipped with F1 grenades
- Ground Vehicles
- Civilian Car - Basic arab car, used for troop transportation
VBIED - Vehicle-based improvised explosive device (a.k.a suicide car)
- Ammo Pickup Truck. Depolys ammo.
- DShK Pickup Truck
- SPG-9 Pickup Truck
- Asad Khal (Hamas vs IDF)
- Gaza Beach (Hamas vs IDF)
- (Hamas vs French Colation Infantry
- Gaza Beach (Hamas vs IDF)