Real Life DetailsEdit
The British Armed Forces are the military forces of the British Isles and the British overseas Territories.The BAF (British Armed Forces) has 3 main groups known as the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.The British Armed Forces first appear in Project reality in update 0.5 (2006).
The British armed forces have a lot to history under their belts. The British empire was successful and one of the largest empires ever, coining the term "The sun never sets on the British Empire", as the sun was always up in one of the British Empire's nations, however it later died out through global conflict, but let's skip that part, WW1, Burma war, WW2, Cold war, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Desert Shield, Operation Telic, the Falklands War, the Irish Troubles and Operation Herrick.
The fame of the British Military comes from their very high skill levels and their well known regiments, the Royal Marines, Special Air Service, Special Boat Service, Parachute Regiment and more. Despite the small size of the British Isles and the small size of the military, the British Armed Forces are highly skilled and well equipped, and are commonly referred to as the best trained and most respected troops on the planet. The British certainly know how to put up a fight.
Laws and group systemsThe Commander-in-Chief of Her Majesty's Armed Forces is the British monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, to whom members of the forces swear an oath allegiance. Under British constitutional law, the armed forces are subordinate to the Crown, however this power is qualified by the requirement for parliamentary consent to the maintaining of a standing army and Parliament's approval of taxation and supply of funds for the armed forces. Under the 1689 Bill of Rights no standing army may be maintained during time of peace without the consent of Parliament and in modern times Parliament gives this consent every five years by passing an Armed Forces Act. Consistent with longstanding constitutional convention, the Prime Minister holds de facto authority over the use of the armed forces. The armed forces are managed by the Defence Council of the Ministry of Defence, headed by the Secretary of State for Defence.
British Army soldiers go through on average 7 months of training (phase 1 and 2) to turn a civillian into a soldier, In week 1-3 they perform different exercises and survival training, week 4-6 They will be trained how to shoot quickly and effectively, advanced marksmanship training and fast paced CQB courses. In week 6-9 they will be trained in fighting in a isolated war zone with L85s with blank firing attachments and laser modules affixed to the barrels and laser recievers on helmets and body armour to simulate shooting and being shot. These exercises are designed to test and instruct a soldier in the art of war, involving standard combat, hostage rescue, mine clearance and battlefield first aid. Week 9-10 exercise takes place on an isolated training area within the uk. This exercise tests the troops' survival skills, robustness and combat effectiveness, this final exercise weeds out those not fit for service and ensures that the troops selected are the best they can be. the final few weeks are focusing on drill and uniform, preparing them for their final inspection. On the final day they will be inspected by top-brass officers from the British Army and possibly the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Royal Marines. After weeks of difficult training the recruits are finally ready to leave their recruit training centres and go on to their phase 2 (specialist) training, after which they are fully prepared for combat.
Battlefield 2 Project reality
British army first appeared in Project reality BF2 update 0.5. Their arsenal is different to any other on the planet, using the Enfield/Heckler and Koch L85 variant was the L85A2 . They appear in Multi-Terrain-Pattern (MTP), or woodland/desert Dirsuptive Pattern Material (DPM) uniforms. Their main OpFor are Russain armed forces, People's Liberation Army (Chinnese army) , Argentinan army, Eastern Europe Militia, Iraqi Insurgents and the Taliban.The British army have been around since the first big patch of Project reality BF2.
In Game DetailsEditThe BAF is a BLUFOR faction in Project Reality also these weapons is what they use in real life
- Small Arms
- Glock 17 Austrain pistol adopted in 2013
- L85A2 The standard-issue combat rifle of the British Army.
- L22A1 The carbine version of the L85A2", designed for use by armoured vehicle and helicopter crews.
- L86A2 A support variant of the L85A2, including a lopnger barrel and affixed bipod.
- L1153A3 (AWM) Sniper rifle brought into service to replace the L96.
- L128A1 (M4 Super 90) Close quarters shotgun brought in for use by "door-kickers" and close combat troops.
- FN Minimi Para Belgian LMG brought in to replace the L86A2.
- Grenades & Launchers
- L109 Fragmentation Fragmentation grenade with more mobility.
- M18 Smoke Smoke grenade.
- M83 Smoke Smoke grenade.
- L123A2 German grenade launcher
- Man Portable Anti-Vehicle Weapons
- MBT NLAW (LAW) British anti tank launcher
- FIM-92A Stinger Heat seeking American launcher
- L2A1 ILAW (AT4) Swedes classic launcher
- BGM-71 TOW
- M2HB HMG
- FIM-92A Emplacement
- M15 Anti-Tank Mine
- M18A1 Claymore American defence mine.
- Ground Vehicles
- Challenger 2 British main battle tank
- Warrior British ACP
- CVR(T) Scimitar
- CVR(T) Stormer
- Land Rover Military version of the British Land Rover
- Westland AH64E Apache British attack Helicopter
- Westland Lynx Mk9A British transport Helicopter
- Eurofighter Typhoon British super jet used by multiple of European air forces
- Panavia Tornado British, Italian, German (Cold war West German)
- Burning Sands (BAF vs Iraqi Insurgents)
- Dragon Fly (BAF vs Militia)
- Fools Road (BAF vs Militia)
- Hill 189 (BAF vs Militia)
- Operation Ghost Train (BAF vs China)
- Vadso City (BAF vs Russia)
- Shijia valley (BAF vs China)
- Operation Rakisamatich (BAF vs Russia)
- Operation Suel rebels (BAF vs Russia)
- Heades peak (BAF vs Russia)
- Helmand (BAF vs Iraqi Insurgents)
- Li bong (BAF vs China)
- Falklands (BAF vs AA)
- South Falklands (BAF vs AA)
- North Falklands (BAF vs AA)
- Al Basrah (BAF vs Iraqi Insurgents)
- Terrain (BAF vs Iraqi Insurgents)
- Helmand (BAF vs Taliban)
- Chernobyl (BAF vs Militia)
- West Syria (BAF vs Militia)